Wednesday 29 June 2016

Review: The Obsession by Nora Roberts

The ObsessionThe Obsession by Nora Roberts

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I am staggered by Nora Roberts's ability as a writer. She can take the ingredients which make her genre, all commonplace and expected by readers, and turn them into a cracking good story and a corking good read. She doesn't write badly either.

In the Obsession we have the hurting heroine, the 'tough guy but not a jock' hero, a lovable dog, Big city girl falling in love with the Real America as in the sweet little home town in the country, good old home town folk who are kindly and caring, and the villain gets his comeuppance. These all the ingredients many Americans want to believe in and and want to read about. Nora Roberts stirs 'em up and comes up with a page turning story and an HEA ending without nauseating or infuriating this particular, very picky, 'wouldn't read Nora Roberts unless I had to' reader. Impressive.

I wish I had half her story telling skills, eye for detail and the ability to make a fairy story so realistic. Next time I'm down with 'flu or need a comfort read I shan't ignore the many Nora Roberts on the library book shelves. They are a cheering read even if they are fairy tales.



View all my reviews

No comments: