Saturday 9 April 2016

Review of 'The Troutbeck Testimony' by Rebecca Tope

The Troutbeck Testimony (The Lake District Mysteries)The Troutbeck Testimony by Rebecca Tope




This is a pleasant cozy detective story set in the English Lake District. The 'detective' is the local florist, Simmy Brown,who with much moaning and complaining gets dragged into investigating dognapping and then murder.

Reading is so personal isn't it? The friend who recommended this novel loves the series, raves about Simmy, persuaded me to read this newest story. Alas, I found it a pleasant read but the MC, Simmy, irritated me with her whinging. So I wouldn't read another in this series but other fans of cozies might well enjoy this novel and want more.

Nothing wrong with the writing or the plot. The characters are well fleshed out and the pace is a gentle slide down the slope to the ending. Readers who enjoy cozies should certainly give the book a try.




View all my reviews

No comments: